Old fashioned feminine charm....vintage style decor and crafts....traditional family values....christian faith and lifestyle. "..whatsoever things are lovely.." Phil. 4:8
I believe a christian home should be a haven from the noise and clamour of the busy bustling world outside. A place to find respite, peace and comfort..a balm to the mind and soul of the family living under its roof. A happy little world of its own where wonderful memories are made that carry one through life with thanksgiving and a nostalgic wish to return HOME!

Tuesday

My White Tinware

I love my old white tinware!

It has such rustic charm


as well as practicality


and great decorative properties.

It sometimes even has "beauty spots"!

These pieces live in my old dresser alongside other vintage kitchenalia.

We had packed a lot of such items away a few months ago, because we wanted to experimented with a "minimalist" style decor in our home.

And while it was great to have less clutter in our surroundings..we discovered that we are not really suited to a bare, minimal decor at all!

So two boxes came back up from the garage this week and we selected a few familiar things to put in the dresser to bring a more cottage-y feel back to the house.

There's no way ALL our collection of "stuff" is being brought inside again...that would totally defeat the purpose of our last de-cluttering binge, lol!

So no! - most will either be sold or go to charity.

But I'm rather pleased to have at least a few favourite items around again..especially as they are not just decorative but are still very functional!
Do you like white tinware too?


4 comments:

Barbara Neubeck said...

Hi Trish,
I like white tinware and old kitchenalia.I like your Mouli-grinder.
Happy Easter
God bless
Barb xxx

Anonymous said...

Trish - I love your tinware! I have a couple of family pieces from grandmother's house that I treasure. Some of these family pieces are more like 3-D photographs of family and do more to preserve memories of loved ones long gone than a framed picture. I see the "story" surrounding the piece in my mind - where it sat in her kitchen - when it was functioning - though now, retired.

Minimalist thinking needs purpose - and making your home a sanctuary does not necessarily happen in an empty, spartan landscape.

Surrounding yourself with tangible memorabilia transforms space into place. Hey - there's a post in that line . . . Hmmmm . . .

Joy!
Kathy

Finding Joy said...

I love tin ware as well, but so far don't own any. My aunt use to have the green tin ware, I think she had pie dishes that had chips along the edge!! I can remember the apple pies, they were so nice with ice-cream.

Heirloom treasures said...

Lovely, just love tinware especially enamel. Your vignettes are lovely too.
Thank you for visiting me xx