Old fashioned feminine charm....vintage style decor and crafts....traditional family values....christian faith and lifestyle. "..whatsoever things are lovely.." Phil. 4:8
I believe a christian home should be a haven from the noise and clamour of the busy bustling world outside. A place to find respite, peace and comfort..a balm to the mind and soul of the family living under its roof. A happy little world of its own where wonderful memories are made that carry one through life with thanksgiving and a nostalgic wish to return HOME!

Wednesday

Sweet violets..and tea



O wind, where have you been,
That you blow so sweet?



Among the violets
Which blossom at your feet.


The honeysuckle waits
For Summer and for heat



But violets in the chilly Spring
Make the turf so sweet.

Christina Rossetti

6 comments:

KathyB. said...

I can see why this is your favorite teacup, and especially since it is from your son.

The verse about violets in the garden is so true, I see the violets getting ready to bloom around here .

Anonymous said...

Hi Trish,
I like your beautiful cup and saucer.....I love violets.....
Barb xx

Stephanie said...

Absolutely delightful! Your tea cup is lovely and beautiful. The poem a joy to read - thank you for sharing!

Hugs to you,
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

That would be my favorite teacup too ~ it's just beautiful and special.
Enjoy your day!
Love,
Anne♥

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Trish,
Your teacup is really pretty and especialy sweet because it is a gift from your son! Loved the poem about violets too. Thank you, my friend, for coming to tea and have a beautiful day.

Blessings and joy,
Sandi

Anonymous said...

Trish...what a beautiful gift my friend... so very pretty :)