Old fashioned feminine charm....vintage style decor and crafts....traditional family values....christian faith and lifestyle. "..whatsoever things are lovely.." Phil. 4:8
I believe a christian home should be a haven from the noise and clamour of the busy bustling world outside. A place to find respite, peace and comfort..a balm to the mind and soul of the family living under its roof. A happy little world of its own where wonderful memories are made that carry one through life with thanksgiving and a nostalgic wish to return HOME!

Saturday

Thrift Finds

I thought I would share a few pics of some of my thrifting bargains with you today.

I know there are many ladies who enjoy goodwill and op-shopping and I'm certainly one of them!

It's a real treat to find pretty or useful things at such affordable prices in these places, and I look through them regularly-usually weekly to see what wants to come home with me :-)

Some nice things I've found recently are a very cute quilted wall hanging for $4.. a crocheted teapot and bunch of silk flowers for $1 each..and these pretty handpainted glass salt and pepper shakers which cost just $3.

Little touches like these can transform a room without stressing the family budget, and I think they help to foster a sense of loveliness in the home.

And doesn't every woman deserve to have something beautiful in her domain; something to bring a smile and a sense of celebrating femininity whilst caring for the home?

















I'm a believer in the double blessing of charity shopping.
We help others by purchasing from them and benefit by saving some money and sometimes..
we find some real little beauties in the bargain!

I wonder if you agree with me?

No comments: