Old fashioned feminine charm....vintage style decor and crafts....traditional family values....christian faith and lifestyle. "..whatsoever things are lovely.." Phil. 4:8
I believe a christian home should be a haven from the noise and clamour of the busy bustling world outside. A place to find respite, peace and comfort..a balm to the mind and soul of the family living under its roof. A happy little world of its own where wonderful memories are made that carry one through life with thanksgiving and a nostalgic wish to return HOME!

Thursday

The Rose

The Rose
You love the roses - so do I.

I wish the sky would rain down roses,
As they rain from off the shaken bush.

Why will it not?

Then all the valley would be pink and white
And soft to tread on.

They would fall as light
As feathers, smelling sweet; and it would be
Like sleeping and like waking, all at once!

George Elliot



Rose-ey blessings from Trish xx

How Sweet the Sound
linked to Beverly's Pink Saturday

18 comments:

allisamazing said...

Your roses are gorgeous! I love the soft yellow with the pink edges :)

Anonymous said...

Those roses ARE gorgeous. Just too, too pretty! love,andrea

Barbara Neubeck said...

Hi Trish,
Gorgeous roses!!
I love this colour combination.
Have a good day
Hope you're starting to feel better
God Bless
Barb xxx

Anonymous said...

Those are really pretty roses. I love the color combination. Have a great weekend!

Sue said...

Those are some of the most beautiful roses, Trish, absolutely beautiful!
Enjoy your weekend,
Hugs,
Sue

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Trish! Swooning here...LOVE your roses and the transferware! Be still my heart! I do love the red china and you have some very lovely pieces. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

LV said...

My very favorite of flowers no matter the color. Yours are gorgeous.

Unknown said...

I am in love! Please link to the French party on Monday!
Bisous
Isabelle
http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

michele said...

truly gorgeous roses! happy pink saturday! xo

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh how truly beautiful.

Lovely roses and awesome Transferware china, very very pretty!

elizabeth said...

Those roses and that beautiful transfer ware...so lovely! I just got some red transfer ware after wanting some for so long!

romance-of-roses said...

Simply amazing roses. The poem says it all, I too wish roses would come down from the sky and shower us with rose kisses. Lovely post. Hugs, Lu

Clara said...

Your roses and red transferware are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
~Clara

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Yes, I do love roses and this one with the yellow and pink is gorgeous. Thanks for stopping by to visit me!

Anonymous said...

Loving roses, too, Trish. I shall be featuring my front garden soon - hubby has been on his hands and knees trying to clean out the weeds and finally we are getting some color - but all our roses have been gone since mid-May.

You need to tell me how your link-up is working. I don't seem to be finding it anymore.

Joy!
Kathy

Angie said...

The pink and yellow rose is one of my favorites, and I love the red china.

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful roses, Trish and how lovely they are beside your china.
I am going to try to start growing some roses here in the Sonoran Desert in AZ this fall after the summer heat is over. I really like the color of these...do they have a particular name?

Maggie Ann said...

Such a beautiful post...I could almost smell the roses!